Aberdeen city centre is less than four miles away, the West End even closer, while the beautiful, wild Aberdeenshire landscape beckons beyond the city limits.
Aberdeen is home to some great bars and restaurants, with family-friendly options near-by, and the best of the West End at short ride away.
Locally you can try out:
- Village Urban Resort – this chic hotel development features a bar and grill restaurant, with both fine and relaxed dining
- Dobbies Garden Centre – a great option for families, serving breakfast, snacks, lunch, afternoon tea and early dinner
- Fourmile House Restaurant – a laid-back bar and restaurant serving Scottish cuisine
Fancy Some Culture
Aberdeen offers a brilliant selection of art galleries, music venues and theatres, where you can enjoy everything from world-renowned paintings to cutting-edge contemporary art, live music and exhibitions.
- His Majesty’s Theatre – bespoke theatre with restaurant and café bar
- Aberdeen Art Gallery –an elegant 19th century gallery housing works by renowned Scottish and international artists
- Aberdeen Music Hall – category ‘A’ listed music hall, with dramatic auditorium, currently undergoing a multi-million pound renovation
Great Sports Facilities
Whether you’re a cyclist, swimmer, golfer or runner, you´ll be spoilt for choice in Aberdeen’s West End.
Aberdeen has the best shopping in the north of Scotland. The city centre has a great array of top name shops, as well as designer boutiques and independent gems.
- Union Square – 60 retailers, 24 restaurants and eateries, Aberdeen’s largest cinema. Also integrated with the city’s bus and rail station
- Bon Accord & St Nicholas Shopping Centres – featuring over 70 stores, including John Lewis and Marks & Spencer
- Tescos Superstore – groceries, clothing, household products
- Dobbies Garden Centre – garden products, gift shop, restaurant
Both public and private nursery, pre-school, primary school and secondary schools are located within the local area. Aberdeen is also home to two world-ranking universities, as well as excellent colleges.
Primary and secondary Schools within the catchment area:
- Fernielea Primary School – also has a nursery/pre-school and is within walking distance of Maidencraig Village
- Hazelhead Academy – excellent secondary school within the catchment area for the development