INTRODUCING INVERURIE , COUNTRY LIVING MADE EASY
The Royal Burgh of Inverurie is one of Aberdeenshire’s oldest and most successful market towns. As well as offering a brilliant selection of shops, cafes, restaurants and amenities within the town itself, Inverurie makes for a great base from which to explore the surrounding rolling countryside. The iconic hill of Bennachie is nearby – one of Aberdeenshire’s best-loved landmarks and a highly popular walk for all.
Part of Inverurie’s appeal is its proximity to Aberdeen, which is just a 25-minute drive away. Ideally situated on the main rail network, commuting to Aberdeen by train is also a great option. Monument View is all about enjoying a high-specification new build home, located in a stunning countryside setting, where open space, unbeatable views, and top town facilities are all just around the corner.
Inverurie has a brilliant choice of places to eat – from traditional Scottish to Thai and Italian. You’ll be spoilt for choice from day one.
- Fennel Restaurant – Modern dining that shows off quality Scottish produce. The bar also offers an impressive selection of fine wines, local spirits, and mouth-watering cocktails.
- Via Roma – Indulge yourself in seasonal, Italian food and drink. Or if you’d prefer to stay at home and enjoy your own dining space, order from Via Roma Express.
- Sabai Thai Inverurie– A newly opened sister restaurant of Aberdeen’s Sabai Thai, which enjoys a great reputation for authentic Thai food.
- Strathburn Hotel – Enjoy a top-class meal at this four-star hotel and spa, whose dining room offers panoramic countryside views.
On the days you’re not walking up Bennachie, there are lots of other great sports activities in Inverurie and the surrounding area. Whether you like cycling, horse riding, fishing or snowsports, your favourite activities are catered for – or you could even discover a new one.
- Garioch Sports Centre – Offers a range of indoor and outdoor facilities, including squash courts, football pitch, dance studio and fitness suite.
- Thainstone House – The hotel’s leisure club boasts a fitness studio, indoor pool, jacuzzi and steam room, and outdoor hot tub.
- Inverurie Golf Course – Close to Monument View, this 18-hole course could be your new local golf club.
- The Lecht and Glenshee ski centres – Within easy reach of Inverurie, both resorts offer some of the best skiing and snowboarding in Scotland.
The area surrounding Monument View is home to magnificent castles, woodland walks and a children’s play paradise. Start planning your days out now!
- Bennachie Centre – Bennachie Centre is the perfect place to start exploring the much-loved Bennachie hill and offers an extensive network of paths to explore – from a 15-minute woodland stroll, to an all day hike over the moorland hill tops.
- Castle Fraser and Fyvie Castle – These stunning National Trust properties both make for a great day out. Explore lush gardens, and learn some local history.
- Hoodles Playbarn – Located in nearby Oldmeldrum, this unique children’s play centre offers go-karting, trampolining, and an outdoor playpark. And for the adults, there’s a great coffee shop, ideal for refueling.
- East Aquhorthies Stone Circle – One of Scotland’s best-preserved recumbent stone circles – around 4,000 years old. A very atmospheric place to visit.
Inverurie and surrounding towns boast a wealth of charming independent shops, as well as the main supermarket chains. Aberdeen, with its fantastic variety of shopping, is also within easy reach.
- Strachans – An Inverurie institution, Strachans sells unique games, gifts, stationery books and toys.
- Marks & Spencer, Inverurie – Includes Food Hall and café.
- Union Square, Aberdeen – 60 retailers, 24 restaurants and eateries, and Aberdeen’s largest cinema. Also integrated with the city’s bus and rail links.
- Bon Accord & St Nicholas Shopping Centres, Aberdeen – With over 70 stores, including two department stores – John Lewis and Marks & Spencer.
Nursery, pre-school, primary and secondary schools are all close by, and private nurseries, schools and further education establishments are all within easy reach.