Amenities / Attractions in local area
By making The Reserve at Eden your new home you will have chosen the perfect place to enjoy a perfect quality of life. There is something for everyone. The Reserve presents an opportunity to become part of something new and exciting within a fantastic new destination just minutes from Aberdeen City centre.
Aberdeen’s West End has some of the most cosmopolitan bars and restaurants in the city offering variety and flair. Close by are a range of bars and restaurants for you to enjoy.
- Village Urban Resort – This chic property features a bar and grill restaurant with both fine and relaxed dining
- Dobbies Garden Centre – serving breakfast, snacks, lunch , afternoon tea early dinner
- Fourmile House Restaurant – Laid-back bar/restaurant serving Scottish cuisine
Attractions and Culture
Close by are a diverse array of art galleries, visitor centres, performance venues and more, you can enjoy everything from world-renowned paintings to cutting-edge contemporary artworks, fantastic live entertainment and exhibitions.
- His Majesty’s Theatre – bespoke theatre with restaurant and café bar
- Aberdeen Art Gallery – an elegant 19th century building housing works by many famous artists
- Aberdeen Music Hall – A venue at the centre of North-east culture with a dramatic auditorium
Sports and Leisure
Theres’s lots to do in the area surrounding Maidencraig Village. Whether you like cycling, swimming, golfing or walking you´ll be spoilt for choice.
- Village Urban Resort – Gym, indoor pool, spa
- Hazelhead Golf Club – Hazlehead offers three picturesque courses and a pitch and putt course
- Hazelhead Park – football pitches, childrens play area, maze, woods for walking
There is a wealth of shopping amenities close by and living just minutes from Aberdeen city centre presents a large variety of shopping experiences waiting to be explored, with some of the largest designer and big brand names.
- Tescos Superstore – groceries, clothing, household products
- Dobbies Garden Centre – garden products, gift shop, restaurant
- Union Square – 60 retailers, 24 restaurants and eateries, Aberdeen’s largest cinema. Also integrated with the city’s bus and rail station
- Bon Accord & St Nicholas Shopping Centres – Featuring over 70 stores, including two department stores; John Lewis and Marks & Spencer
Nursery, Pre-school, Primary school and Secondary schools are all close by and Private nurseries, Schools and Further education establishments are all within easy reach.
Primary and Secondary Schools within the catchment area:
- Fernielea Primary School – also has a nursery/pre-school and is within walking distance of Maidencraig Village
- Hazelhead Academy – excellent secondary school within the catchment area for the development