Milltimber West, Aberdeen
Milltimber is one of the most desirable suburbs of Aberdeen and offers residents a superb quality of life. Within a few minutes drive you will be spoilt for choice with an array of activities, attractions, leisure facilities and eateries and Aberdeen city with its cosmopolitan attractions, shopping and nightlife is situated only 6 miles away.
|Food And drink||Leisure||Transport||Education|
RESTAURANTS AND CAFES
In the surrounding area you will find an array of outstanding restaurants and cafes. You will be spoilt for choice with the wide and diverse mix of places to eat and drink appealing to all tastes, all within a short drive .
- The Bieldside Inn – offering traditional Scottish a la carte and pub food within the lounge bar, restaurant and outdoor balcony area
- The Marcliffe Hotel – Aberdeen’s only 5 star hotel with an award winning restaurant. Extensive menu of the finest cuisine and the best of wines, served in relaxed, elegant surroundings
- The Cults Hotel – Exciting and varied menus with a warm and welcoming atmosphere with a relaxed and homely appeal
- Cari & Co Victorian Tea Room – offering speciality teas and coffees. Delicious assortment of cupcakes and scones and afternoon tea served in beautiful surroundings
SPORTS AND LEISURE
If you enjoy sporting activity, Milltimber West is surrounded by an abundance of pursuits from fishing on the River Dee, cycling and Kippie Lodge Country Club with its tennis courts and indoor pool is located nearby. For the health and wellbeing conscious there are several health spas and leisure clubs to visit or join.
- Kippie Lodge Country Club – Golf, Fitness studio, Indoor pool, Coaching and classes, Physiotherapy, Hair and beauty salon, Conservatory bistro
- The Marcliffe Hotel Spa – Spa, Hair Salon
- Peterculter Golf Club – 18 hole course, situated on the River Dee among some of the most beautiful scenery in Aberdeenshire
- David Lloyd Club – Gym, Exercise studio and classes, Spa facilities, Tennis and badminton courts, Indoor pool, Sports hall, Hair and Beauty salon, Cafebar
Aberdeen has long enjoyed a reputation for being a major shopping destination and Aberdeenshire provides a host of interesting independent outlets. All within easy reach from Milltimber West.
- Union Square, Aberdeen – 60 retailers, 24 restaurants and eateries, Aberdeen’s largest cinema. Also integrated with the city’s bus and rail station
- Bon Accord & St Nicholas Shopping Centres, Aberdeen – Featuring over 70 stores, including two department stores; John Lewis and Marks & Spencer
- Cruise, Aberdeen – cutting-edge designer boutique specialising in high end fashion products
- Pappilon Boutique, Cults – offers a range of designer labels catering for women
Nursery, Pre-school, Primary school and Secondary schools are all close by and Private nurseries, Schools and Further education establishments are all within easy reach.
Primary and Secondary Schools within the catchment area:
- Peterculter Primary School – also has a nursery unit/pre-school
- Cults Academy – one of Scotland’s top secondary schools and within the catchment area for Milltimber West