Bancon Homes recognise that when you choose to provide us with personal data and information about yourself, you trust us to act in a responsible manner.
Bancon Homes is part of the Bancon Developments Holdings Ltd Group and this policy covers the following Homes companies:
- Bancon Homes Ltd
- Bancon Aspire Ltd
- Bancon Homes (Deeside) Ltd
- Bancon Homes (Donside) Ltd
For the purposes of this policy, Bancon Homes Ltd is the controller of the personal data in accordance with data protection laws. Should you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us on 01330 824 900.
At Bancon Homes we are committed to protecting your personal information. We’ve put this policy in place to describe what information we collect and what we do with that information. We comply with data protection laws including the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation.
When we collect personal information about you?
We may collect personal information when you:
- Visit our website or register your interest;
- Contact us by telephone, email, letter or other form of messaging;
- Visit our offices or developments; or
- When you enter into a transaction with us.
What information do we collect?
We collect aggregate statistics about all customers, traffic patterns and related site information, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information. This information is collected from standard web server log files as it is on the majority of sites on the Internet.
You are not obliged to give us any personal information in order to use our website.
We collect some basic details from those who make a specific request to register their interest, subscribe on our website or contact us to discuss our developments/products. This includes your name, telephone number, e-mail address and postcode. We may also ask some further, voluntary questions so we can gain a clearer understanding of our users exact requirements and preferences.
How will we use this information?
Bancon Homes will not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. We will only use your personal information to provide you with details of developments, products or services that we believe will be of interest to you. This may involve us using your information for marketing and analysis purposes.
We will only pass your information onto reputable and trustworthy third parties when it is necessary to do so. Your information may be transferred to a group company, a regulated body or a service provider of Bancon Homes such as those who provide digital marketing services, our Solicitors and Mortgage Advisors .
We may use your information in the following ways:
- For marketing purposes if you have opted in or given your consent to receive a service from us.
- For legitimate analysis purposes.
- In relation to a communication/request for information from you.
- To enter into a contract with you to provide our services.
- For legitimate interests and purposes aligned with your transaction and agreed at contract stage.
When we provide services, such as this webpage, we want to make them as useful as possible. When delivering services over the internet it is common practice to store small amounts of information on your computer or phone. This information is stored by your web browser in small files called cookies. Cookies serve a number of possible purposes:
- speed up websites by avoiding sending the same information every time
- measure general usage of the website to help us improve
- recognise returning visitors so we can highlight new / changed information since your last visit
You can block / remove cookies using your browser.
There are two main types of cookies, first party and second party.
First party cookies: these are our own cookies, controlled directly by us and used to provide information about general usage of our site.
Third party cookies: these are cookies used by other companies’ tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example Google Analytics and Facebook Like buttons have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.
Securing your data
Bancon Homes will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions in accordance with data protection laws to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Bancon Homes will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers.
How does Bancon Homes protect customer information?
Data Protection Legislation means we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access.
We ensure that any personal information we keep is as accurate as possible.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information;
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you;
- Request erasure of your personal information;
- Object to the processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or a legitimate interest of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground;
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information;
- Withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data in situations where we rely on your consent as our legal basis to do so; and
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you wish to discuss or exercise any of these rights, please send such requests to Bancon Homes, Burnett House, Burn O’Bennie Road, Banchory, Aberdeenshire AB31 5BZ, marked for the attention of “Bancon Homes Sales & Marketing Department” call 01330 824900 or email email@example.com.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information.
How long do we store your information?
If you contact us in regarding one of our developments/products we will retain your personal information until whichever of the below happens first:
- You request that we delete it; or
- 1 year following the completion of the developments you are interested in.
If you enter into a contract with us we will be required to hold your data for a longer period to allow completion our contractual and legal obligations.
We will use all reasonable efforts to make anonymous or delete any personal data that we hold.
Removal from mailing lists
You can always remove your name and contact details from our marketing emails and SMS. To do this, please contact Bancon Homes Sales & Marketing department or unsubscribe via the link on all our marketing emails and SMS. If you wish to be removed from a Bancon Homes’ mailing list, please write to Bancon Homes, Burnett House, Burn O’Bennie Road, Banchory, Aberdeenshire AB31 5BZ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.